Parish & Youth Forms
GOYA Advent Retreat
St. JOHN CHRYSOSTOM ORATORICAL FESTIVAL PACKET
E.C.Y.D. Volunteer Form 2018-2019
This form, along with the Praesidium background check are required of all ministry leaders and volunteers. In order to submit a volunteer form, all applicants must be in good standing at HTGOC and current in their stewardship commitment.
Please note: a $20.00 donation is requested for the processing of the background check. To process your Praesidium background check, please email a request to email@example.com.
Chaperone Registration Form 2018 - 2019
This form is required for field trips, retreats, conferences, overnight stays. The opportunity to work with our youth is a position of privilege that is granted to those individuals who demonstrate behavior consistent with this responsibility. Applicants must have previously completed a Volunteer Form and been approved by the Education, Culture, and Youth Diakonia Committee prior to completing this form and as a prerequisite to being eligible for consideration for approval as a chaperone.
Chaperone Responsibilities: specific instructions to be provided by group for when you are chaperoning.
1. Chaperones will be assigned small groups of children for whom they will be responsible at all times. Chaperones will know the whereabouts of each child at all times. Children must never go anywhere unsupervised. Chaperones will stay with the same group of children throughout the entire field trip. Chaperones must accompany children to the restrooms. Individual chaperones must never be alone with only one child.
2. Chaperones (and children) must be at the departure location and ready to leave at the designated time.
3. Chaperones will be assigned children for whom they will be responsible. The assignment of children is not subject to review, negotiation or change. The ministry advisor in charge of the field trip will maintain emergency, medical and other information for all children on the trip. Chaperones must be aware of any medical issues with the children in their care.
4. Chaperones must have a cellular phone and will provide their cellular phone number to the ministry advisor in charge of the field trip.
5. Chaperones will cooperate with and otherwise support the ministry advisor in charge of the field trip.
I have read, understand and agree to abide by Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church Chaperone Responsibilities for field trips.
NOTE: THIS FORM NEEDS TO BE ACCOMPANIED BY A VOLUNTEER FORM
Distraction-Free Driving Policy Form. Anyone transporting youth to an event outside of Church will need to fill out a Distraction-Free Driving Policy Form (Please see below:)
Distraction-free driving policy:
Traffic crashes are among the leading causes of death and injuries in Florida. Because Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church of Greater Orlando is committed to establishing and following practices that make working and traveling with our youth safer, and because we value the safety and well-being of all parishioners of Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church of Greater Orlando we are instituting a Distraction-Free Driving Policy to promote safe driving habits.
Using a cell phone while driving increases the risk of a crash by four times, and texting increases crash risk by 23 times. Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church of Greater Orlando youth volunteers and chaperones must refrain from using PDAs and cell phones, either hand-held or hands-free, while operating a motor vehicle. Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church of Greater Orlando youth volunteers and chaperones must not initiate or respond to phone calls, read or respond to text messages or emails while driving a passenger or commercial vehicle with youth of Holy Trinity. Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church of Greater Orlando youth volunteers and chaperones who need to make an emergency call while on the road must first park the vehicle in a safe location.
Failure to follow Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church of Greater Orlando’s Distraction-Free Driving Policy as a volunteer or chaperone may result in immediate dismissal of privileges of volunteering and chaperoning any further Holy Trinity youth events or programs.
MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY POLICY ACKNOWLEDGEMENT: