Our Parish History
History of Our Parish
On December 2, 1929 the Greek Orthodox Society, Holy Trinity, was incorporated. In 1962, property was acquired on West Concord Street in downtown Orlando and in 1963 the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of North and South America issued an Ecclesiastical Charter and assigned a full time priest. The current location of Holy Trinity was purchased in 1980 and services were held in the Chris Carlos Cultural Center in 1987. September 8, 1990 the first services were held in the new Holy Trinity Church and on August 17, Holy Trinity broke ground on a new cultural center, that marked another major milestone in the life of our parish. On June 16, 2013, the Sanctuary was Consecrated by His Eminence Metropolitan Alexios of Atlanta. Currently, there are over close to 500 steward families.
Since its inception our parish has grown significantly. It continues to strive to bear more effective witness to the Gospel of Jesus Christ, as expressed in the apostolic tradition and worship of the Greek Orthodox church. We invite you to also participate in this witness by joining the worship and fellowship of our parish.
Past and Present Clergy
1963 - 1970 Rev. Fr. Sam Kalamaras - Proistamenos
1970 - 1974 Rev. Fr. Michael Karloutsos - Proistamenos
1974 - 1975 Rev. Fr. Pierre Delfos - Proistamenos
1975 - 1992 Rev. Fr. Michael Kontogiorgis - Proistamenos
1992 - 2005 Rev. Fr. Dean Gigicos - Proistamenos
1998 - 2003 Rev. Fr. Mark Elliott - Assistant
2004-2006 Rev. Fr. Jim Berends - Assistant
2005 - 2007 Rev. Fr. Constantine Terss - Proistamenos
2011 - Present Rev. Fr. Demetrios Simeonidis - Liturgical Assistant
2007- Present Rev. Fr. Constantine Simeonidis - Proistamenos